Purchasing a mobile phone
Ready for a phone upgrade? Or purchasing for a new staff member? We’re here to help – let us take you through a few tips on how to purchase.
With the majority of staff now moving to working from home as a result of the COVID-19 social distancing laws, we are smoothing the transition by temporarily increasing mobile data limits for staff with a Griffith provided Optus mobile service.
We also have temporary mobile broadband devices (4G device with Optus Mobile Broadband plan) to provide internet access for those working remotely. These are available to business critical staff who do not have an internet service at home and are subject to approval by your Head of Element.
We are monitoring the temporary status and will notify staff when we revert back to existing plans.
1. Select your device
We highly recommend selecting a recommended device from the options below, as they will be delivered within 5 business days of your payment being approved. Suggested brands include Google, Samsung and Apple.
If you would prefer to order a different model, please be aware that it may take longer to be delivered (subject to availability).
2. If you need a new SIM card
Once you’ve ordered your new device, you can also purchase a new SIM card or request a new Griffith mobile phone number. If you decide to choose an Apple product, consider AppleCare.
** Mobile phones are purchased directly from an external supplier; all University orders are subject to stock availability and prices can change without notice.
*** When you purchase on behalf of the University, please follow the Purchasing Policy and Purchasing Procedures. Selecting one of the recommended mobile or tablet models will ensure that your mobile device purchase complies with this Policy.
Using a new Griffith mobile phone?
Here are a few tips for getting the best rom your new device:
- Ensure the device is used in accordance with relevant University policies and procedures.
- Take care of the device to ensure it maintains a good working order and take reasonable precautions to prevent damage or loss.
- Keep the Operating System on your device up-to-date by completing regular updates.
- Backup your device regularly.
- Be aware of your mobile data usage and avoid excessive charges.
- Contact us immediately to report devices that are lost or stolen.
- Return the mobile phone and service if you leave the University.
Do you require a new simcard
Have you ordered a new device from the Griffith Marketplace? Do you need a new Griffith mobile number for your device or a replacement sim for your current Griffith mobile number?