Purchasing a mobile phone
Ready for a phone upgrade? Or purchasing for a new staff member? We’re here to help – let us take you through a few tips on how to purchase.
1. Select your device
We highly recommend selecting a recommended device from the options below, as they will be delivered within 5 business days, once your payment is approved. Suggested brands include Google, Samsung and Apple.
If you would prefer to select your own device, once your payment is approved, your device will be delivered within 1 to 2 weeks, subject to availability.
3. Order your new phone
Once you’ve made your selection, navigate to the ‘Make and manage purchases’ page and select the ‘Griffith Marketplace’ icon.
In order to purchase through the Griffith Marketplace, ensure you have My Finance page access
To obtain access to My Finance page, follow the below navigation:
Staff Portal > My Staff Page > Reports and System Access > System Access > PeopleSoft Access Form
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about purchasing.
** Mobile phones are purchased directly from an external supplier; all University orders are subject to stock availability and prices can change without notice.
*** When you purchase on behalf of the University, please follow the Purchasing Policy and Purchasing Procedures. Selecting one of the recommended mobile or tablet models will ensure that your mobile device purchase complies with this Policy.
Using a new Griffith mobile phone?
Here are a few tips for getting the best rom your new device:
- Ensure the device is used in accordance with relevant University policies and procedures.
- Take care of the device to ensure it maintains a good working order and take reasonable precautions to prevent damage or loss.
- Keep the Operating System on your device up-to-date by completing regular updates.
- Backup your device regularly.
- Be aware of your mobile data usage and avoid excessive charges.
- Contact us immediately to report devices that are lost or stolen.
- Return the mobile phone and service if you leave the University.
Do you require a new simcard
Have you ordered a new device from the Griffith Marketplace? Do you need a new Griffith mobile number for your device or a replacement sim for your current Griffith mobile number?