Collaborate with others virtually
Virtual Meeting Room is a virtual meeting space where multiple participants both internal and external can call in using video and/or voice to collaborate in a single conference call. Participants call into a virtual meeting room and are automatically connected, removing the responsibility for one person to setup the video conference. Virtual meeting rooms can be secured with a PIN for private meetings internal or external to Griffith, or open to public for forums or large scale conferences.
Meeting internal participants only?
Try using Microsoft Teams - an online meeting experience with audio, video, chat, screen sharing and document editing all in one place.
Benefits of a Virtual Meeting Room
- Multiple participants can call into your meeting from anywhere in the world.
- Participants can dial themselves into your meeting at their own convenience.*
- More sustainable, cost-effective way to meet rather than traveling between campuses.
- Increases opportunities for participants to attend remotely.
- Attendance can be restricted using a password.
- Video phone
- Mobile or home phone
Many departments and schools manage their own Virtual Meeting Rooms, please contact your administrator or secretary for information on their Virtual Meeting Room and availability.
*Attendees external to Griffith will need the complete dialing code, see Virtual Meeting Room dialing information for more details.
Booking a Virtual Meeting Room
- Go to your Calendar.
- Create an event or edit an existing event by opening the event clicking Edit.
- Expand the event options, by clicking More options
- Click in the room or location field and select Browse more rooms.
- Click in the room list search field and select Virtual Meeting Room. There are four overflow / GU bookable Virtual Meeting Rooms that you can use, or your area may have one available for you.
- Virtual Room - 50813 - GU Bookable
- Virtual Room - 50814 - GU Bookable
- Virtual Room - 50815 - GU Bookable
- Virtual Room - 50816 - GU Bookable.
- Select an available Virtual Meeting Room.
- Click Save.
If you cannot find a virtual meeting room that suits you, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adding a Virtual Meeting Room to your calendar
If you have been allocated a Virtual Meeting Room, it will be listed in your Calendar under Other
Calendars. If it isn’t there, you can add it manually.
- Click Import calendar
- Click From directory
- Enter the name of the calendar
- Click Add