Maintaining your Griffith Mobile Device
- Keep the Operating System on your device up-to-date - the benefits of updating your software include improving performance and security, fixing bugs and errors and providing product enhancements (including new network settings that may improve your mobile coverage).
- Backup your device - we strongly recommend that you back up your device regularly (at least once a month) so you will have a copy of your information to use if your device fails, is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Be aware of your mobile data usage - we have iPhone mobile data savings tips that can help avoid excessive charges.
iPhone* Data Saving Tips
Disable Wi-Fi Assist
WiFi assist lets you stay connected to the Internet when WiFi signal strength is weak by automatically switching over to use Mobile data. You can turn this function off under Settings > Mobile > Scroll to the bottom to Wi-Fi Assist then slide toggle to off.
Disable Background App Refresh
Background apps refresh automatically updates your app content in the background. You can disable this function and it may even help with your battery life. Settings > General > Scroll down to Background App Refresh then slide toggle to off.
Disable Automatic Downloads
Turn Off Cellular Data Usage for iCloud
Avoid Streaming High-Quality Music
Apple has created the option to stream high quality music regardless of your being on Wi-Fi or cellular / mobile data. The higher the quality, the more data is needed to stream! Settings > Music > Scroll down to Mobile Data and slide toggle to off.
Alternatively, if mobile data is turned on, then you can see 2 options, either streaming or high Quality Streaming. Toggle the high Quality Streaming to off.
Disable Autoplay Videos on Apps
Use Wi-Fi Hotspots to Boost your Network Coverage
Improve your Mobile Coverage
Refresh your network connections: If you have travelled out of network range then back onto the network, you may need to refresh your connection. To do this, power off your mobile device and then turn it back on again.
Check if your location is causing signal interference: The device or its signal reception may not work properly if you are in the following surroundings:
- Inside a building or underground car park
- Driving through a tunnel (such as Clem 7) or mountain range
- Under a tin roof
- In a forest or bushland
- During a storm or heavy rainfall