How-to guides and resources for staff supporting research candidates
Our research candidates are supported by their supervisors, HDR convenors, administrative support staff and Griffith Graduate Research School. This page provides the necessary how-to guides and resources to ensure consistency and integrity in the provision of that support. Please note many of the following resources require you to be are logged in to the Griffith Portal.
Information regarding the appointment, load and roles of the HDR supervision team.
Griffith University's HDR supervisor workshop program consists of two compulsory accreditation modules plus a variety of optional elective workshops.
HDR Supervision Dashboard guides
The HDR Supervision Dashboard provides up-to-date information about your candidates.
Quick reference guides
Assessing and approving online admissions
System information on assessing and approving HDR admission applications.
Quick reference guides
- For HDR convenors (PDF 815k)
- For HDR supervisors (PDF 690k)
- For Deans (Research) (PDF 2MB)
- For the Dean (GGRS) (PDF 960k)
Chairperson of Examiners systems support
How to access the Evaluation workcentre and provide a recommendation as the Chairperson of Examiners.
Prefer a visual guide? View all of our self-help video guides in one place.
USEFUL POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
- Policy Library (HDR section)
- Academic Misconduct Policy (HDR candidates)
- Schedule of responsibilities and authorisation for research training matters (PDF 53k)
- Code of Practice for the Supervision of Higher Degree Research Students
- Role of the Higher Degree Research Convenor policy
- Guidelines for the Conferral of Awards (Posthumously) (PDF 149.4k)
HDR scholarship self-assessment tool
This scholarship self-assessment tool is for Griffith staff use only. Supervisors and HDR convenors are encouraged to use this tool when considering potential applicants for scholarships.
SUPPORT FOR HDR CONVENORS
HDR convenors have access to our HDR Stakeholders Support Hub allows you to ask GGRS staff for a quick live-chat response, and houses useful resources such as our HDR Convenors Kit, key contacts, newsletters and more.
Note: You will be required to install the Microsoft Teams app in order to access this site. If you cannot connect please contact us (below).