Training and development for higher degree researchers
Griffith Graduate Research School (GGRS) workshops and professional development opportunities are designed to assist you through each stage of your research program, providing you with transferable skills for your future career.
On Campus Catch-up with HDR Support Staff
In 2020 we transitioned our orientation activities online, however we know that it’s not the same as meeting people in person. So, this year we are doing something extra!
We are bringing together a wide range of HDR support staff to host a drop-in style session where you can come along, meet our staff in person and ask any questions that have. You will also have a chance to chat about your specific project and hear how our support staff can assist you directly.
- Planning your literature review? Get tips from your discipline librarian.
- Looking for some training to get you started on the right foot? Chat with the GGRS and RED training teams.
- Got a questions about enrolment or scholarships? Find time to talk to our HDR Officers and Scholarships specialists.
These drop in sessions will be held on:
Tuesday 16th March. 11am-11:30am, N78_1.19 Nathan campus
Wednesday 17th March. 11am-11:30am, G11_3.64 Gold Coast campus
Upcoming GGRS workshops
Other training providers and resources
- HackyHour sessions to improve your understanding and practical skills in the technical aspects of research;
- Best practice guidelines for strategic publishing, academic impact and data management;
- Consultations with Discipline Librarians to discuss your research-specific information needs.
Researcher Education and Development (RED)
Practical workshops across a broad range of topics including:
- Developing Researcher Training
- Indigenous Research and Knowledge
Careers and Employment Service
Access useful web links and book recommendations to help you achieve a good career outcome whilst you’re completing your research program.
Your academic group may also offer discipline-specific workshops and development opportunities. Ask your supervisor/ HDR Convenor for details.