Steps to submitting a thesis
A minimum of two months prior to the intended submission date, complete an Intention to Submit form via myGriffith > My research > My Candidate Centre. Please note: If submitting under the lapsed candidature process, you are also required to submit this form.
Check the following details via myGriffith:
- Enrolment status
- Maximum submission date (unless approved to submit under lapsed candidature)
- Supervision arrangements
- Thesis title/topic
- International students: ensure that any outstanding fees/charges are paid prior to the examination of the thesis.
Check you have completed all the mandatory requirements of your candidature including:
- Candidature milestones
- Coursework requirements (if applicable)
- Publication requirement (if applicable) (complete the Notice of Publication form via myGriffith > My research > My Candidate Centre)
- Any other conditions that may have been imposed by the University as part of candidature.
The candidate is responsible for ensuring that they are currently enrolled (and not on any form of leave that involves suspension of candidature) or reinstated (if submitting under the lapsed candidature process) prior to submission of thesis.
Check the HDR website for formatting guidelines. Ensure that there are no missing contents/sections in your thesis, for example: Statement of Originality.
Remind your principal supervisor/s to nominate the examining panel.
Submit the final draft of your thesis to your principal supervisor/s for final checking and submit the Thesis Submission Approval form via myGriffith > My research > My Candidate Centre.
Upload your thesis (as a PDF) via myGriffith > My research > My Candidate Centre. Please note the system will not permit you to upload your thesis until ALL above requirements have been completed (including an approved Thesis Submission Approval form).
Once you have uploaded your thesis, the GGRS Thesis and Examinations team will check the file before confirming your submission with an email. If you experience issues with the upload process, contact GGRS for advice.
Track the progress of your examination in real time via myGriffith > My research > My thesis. Your title will be displayed once the GGRS Thesis and Examinations team confirms your submission.