About the Staff Directory
Our Griffith staff directory displays contact information for University staff and it is accessible by the Griffith community and the general public.
Change details in the Staff Directory
Changed via Staff Portal > My Staff Page
Updates Staff Directory in 3 days.
General directory changes
Phone profile update
Change owner of:
Automatically updates Staff Directory.
Delete an entry
Staff will automatically be removed from the Staff Directory 30 days after they have ceased employment with Griffith.
Request to remove staff entry earlier.
Improvements to the staff directory
- Integration of staff data from Human Resources "My Staff Page" via Griffith Staff Portal (New)
- Requests from staff via our online forms (Changed)
- Automatic updates from other enterprise systems (Changed)
Live since 5th March 2018
- Staff are added automatically when they are allocated a Griffith phone extension
- Staff personal information is updated automatically when changed in the My Staff Page (HR)
- Changes to an extension should be done via the Change owner of extension, desk phone or voicemail (phone profile update) form
- General changes including location, part time work days, department and specialised roles (e.g fire warden) can be made via the Staff Directory Change existing entry form
- Staff are automatically removed from the directory 30 days after they have ceased employment with Griffith.
Adding and removing staff
Adding staff to directory
Adding casual or temporary staff
- they have been approved to have their own Griffith phone extension AND
- they are required to be contactable by the Griffith community and external parties as part of their daily duties AND
- their supervisor has requested that they are included.
Removing staff from directory
Staff will automatically be removed from the Staff Directory 30 days after they have ceased employment with Griffith. If you need to remove a staff entry earlier, you can request to delete existing staff entry.
Affect of changing your name on other systems
Changing personal data in My Staff Page
Change your title / honorific to Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss, Doctor, Professor, Associate Professor
Preferred first name
This is the name you commonly use that may be different from your legal first name. If your preferred first name is blank, your primary first name will be the default.
Primary last name
This is your legal surname (last name) that will default.
Details will update in the Staff Directory within 3 business days.
Affect on downstream systems
Changing your personal details can affect some Griffith downstream systems:
When you change your name, your email address may change. Your former email address will remain active and emails will redirect to your new email address. For more information, refer to Name changes and your staff email.
Some Financial systems use your name and Griffith ID to as verification, so changes may take a couple of days to automatically update . Refer to Finance for advice.
This system uses your email to verify transactions, so if your email changes, you may need to update your details. Refer to Concur for further help.
Staff directory updates
General directory changes, location changes, part time work days or professional last name