Family, Cultural Obligations and Other Special Circumstances leave
This is a special category of leave which provides up to five paid days leave per calendar year. This leave may be taken for up to three days at a time.
You can apply for this leave if you are on a continuing or fixed-term contract.
Examples of when you can apply include:
- when you are required to take care of a relative, such as your child, when they are ill
- when you are affected by a natural disaster
- when you have Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander cultural ceremonies you must attend that are not taking place outside work hours
- when you have other religious ceremonies you must take part in which cannot take place outside work hours
- you require extra time off to mourn the loss of a family member after using bereavement leave
More information about family, cultural obligations and other special circumstances leave can be found in your Enterprise Agreement.
Academic Staff Enterprise Agreement, section 27
Professional & Support Staff Enterprise Agreement, section 35