The University is committed to the development of a culture of high performance and excellence. Fundamental to this commitment is the provision of a fair and effective performance review framework that aims to enhance the performance of our general staff and provide opportunities for personal recognition. The University encourages staff and supervisors to engage in regular discussions around performance and career development throughout the year that culminates in an annual review of performance.
What you need to do
Effective performance management is an accountability for all general staff within the University on a continuing and fixed-term contract of greater than 12 months. It is expected that staff and supervisors will:
- regularly review the position description
- develop clear expectations and ensure role clarity
- participate in regular discussions about performance
- at the annual review, assess progress from the previous review period and set objectives and goals for the forthcoming review period.
- FAQs for the ePerformance system (PDF 59k)
- General Staff Performance Review Policy
- Learning and Development Course Catalogue
- Probation Policy for General Staff - Continuing and Fixed Term Appointments
- Probation Procedures for General Staff - Continuing and Fixed Term Appointments
- Position Description Template (DOCX 59k)
- Tips for having a Difficult Conversation (PDF 44k)
- Tips for providing Performance Feedback (PDF 49k)
- Tips on Setting Smart Goals (PDF 43k)
- Tips on writing Position Descriptions (PDF 55k)
- User Guides - select ePerformance from listing
- Video Guides - select ePerformance from listing
Undertaking an Annual Review
ePerformance has been designed to replace the paper-based method of recording the annual review. The system will provide transparency and line of sight for managers, ability for peer reviews, provide an attachment framework, along with a performance notes capability for staff and supervisors. It will also provide an electronic repository of reviews allowing ongoing access to performance review documents via 'My Staff Page' for both staff and supervisors.
- Direct your policy and process related enquiries to HR Advisory Services.
- For system support enquiries please email: email@example.com.
Unsatisfactory performance and misconduct
Managing unsatisfactory work performance and allegations of misconduct/serious misconduct for General Staff.