About the service
The Guest Account Registration Service provides Guest Account Creators the ability to create an IT account on the fly for a visitor to the University, the Guest account allows access to these services:
- Computing access - Login to staff computers
- Internet access (including Griffith's Wi-Fi Service)
Guest access accounts are only available to individuals who are visiting the University on official business for ten working days or less.
How to create Guest Accounts
There is a two step process to create Guest Accounts.
1. Register to become a Guest Account Creator (this only needs to done once)
2. Register a new guest via the Griffith Guest Registration Service system.
Guest account creators
Staff within the IT Service Centre, SAOs (School Admin Officers), PSOs (Program Support Officers) and School/Departmental Secretaries are eligible to apply for access as a Guest Account Creator. Complete the Guest Creator Registration form and refer to the Guest Account Creators support page for further information.
Note: Griffith staff who request the creation of guest accounts will be deemed owners of accounts they create and will be responsible for ensuring that the accounts are created and used in accordance with Griffith University Policy. Guest accounts are subject to strict regulations to ensure that usage adheres to Griffith Information Technology Security and auditing policies. Accounts will be permanently deactivated at the effective end date and will not be extended.
Register a new Guest
When you know that you will have a guest to the University, you will need to register them in the Griffith Guest Registration Service system. Log in using your Griffith username and portal password, then register a guest. You will need:
- Guest email address
- Guest first name and last name
- Requester email
- Account expiration date
For further information regarding usage and policies refer to the Guest Account Guidelines and Conditions.
About the Guest Registration Service
The Griffith Guest Registration Service supports three types of users:
- Guest Account End Users - Use the system to activate and change passwords on their accounts.
- Guest Account Creators - Use the system to create Guest Accounts.
- Administrators - Provide access for Guest Account Creators and support the system.
Assisted Guest Account creation
To get a Guest account created for your Griffith visitor, on your behalf:
- Lodge a Guest Account Creation Request
Please allow additional processing time for a staff member to action your request.