Supporting Griffith's server and storage systems
We provide the information technology that supports the University's teaching and learning, research and administrative activities.
The Server Systems Support team is responsible for:
- server hosting, virtual and physical
- server and operating system architecture design
- server fleet management including:
- capacity planning, patching and security
- replacement and rollover of servers and operating systems
- monitoring, alerting and trending
- vendor contract management
- support for operating systems: Redhat Linux, Windows Servers and VMWare
- file systems for staff and students
- support for Active Directory
- second-tier support:
- Active Directory
- backup and restoration of data
Storage Management Services supports the University's tiered storage needs. These include enterprise systems such as Finance, Student Support and Human Resources; storage infrastructure for systems such as email and web clusters, staff and student file and print; Teaching and Learning systems such as Library and Learning@Griffith.
We are also provide system patching, upgrades, monitoring, tuning, maintenance, hardware and software installation.
This team is responsible for:
- storage area network.
- storage disk subsystems
- replication (TrueCopy and Hitachi Univeral Replicator) and imaging (ShadowImage) procedures
- corporate backup hardware infrastructure