Create and maintain specialised lists of staff and/or students who have a current Griffith affiliation.
Specialised lists created in the List Management system can be sent to, and used in, a range of applications for communication and access control purposes.
The list management system handles two types of lists.
Organisational lists (or groups) are automatically generated according to Human Resource (HR) information. Unlike specialised lists, these lists can not be changed in the List Management system. Organisational list names do not begin with LML and can vary depending on the organisation.
Specialised lists are specific and created for a purpose e.g. to communicate with a specific group of people. These lists are created and managed entirely within the List Management system by you. They can be populated with individuals or by an organisational list. Specialised lists can be identified by their naming convention i.e. all lists created in the List Management system are preceded with 'LML'. For example, a list representing members of a lab may be called 'LML - Lab members'.
Access control and list creation
Currently, to gain access to, or extend your access to G drive, you are required to fill out an authority to establish/extend computing access form. The List Management system aims to simplify this process by giving authorised people direct control over the list of people associated with G drive access, rather than having to fill out a form.
List creation presents an overview of the steps involved in creating a list and assigning a target system.
Self help resources
These resources are available to help you familiarise with the features and functionality of the List Management system as well as create and manage your specialised lists.
- Introduction to list management (PDF) - An overview of the features and functionality of the List Management system
- Specialised and organisational lists (PDF) - List types available for use in the List Management system
- Navigation and the dashboard (PDF) - Navigating through the List Management system via the dashboard
- Searching the list management system (PDF) - Searching for lists or people in the List Management system
- Creating a list (PDF) - Creating a new list in the List Management system
- Populating a list with members (PDF) - An overview of adding members to your list using four different methods
- Populating a list - Individuals (PDF) - Adding a single person to your list (one individual at a time)
- Populating a list - Groups (PDF - Adding an existing organisational group (list) to your list
- Populating a list - Attributes (PDF) - Adding people to your list according to specific attributes e.g. Campus
- Populating a list - File upload (PDF) - Adding people to your list from an existing spreadsheet
- Target systems (PDF) - Making your list available for use in other systems or applications
- List expiration (PDF - Keeping your list current using the expiration date
- Editing a list (PDF) - Editing and updating your list
- Deleting a list (PDF) - Deleting your list
- Email notifications (PDF) - Communication and reminder emails sent from the List Management system
- Glossary of icons (PDF) - Explanation of icons you'll see in the List Management system
- Glossary of terms (PDF) - Explanation of terms used in the List Management system and training documentation