Software asset management services
Our role is to provide cost effective software asset management services to support the teaching, learning, research and administrative functions of the University through collaboration with clients, suppliers, industry representatives and other Australian/New Zealand Tertiary Institutions.
The following lists our areas of responsibility:
- the management of software licence contract management, including the revision and renewals
- administering, co-ordinating and collaborating of agreements across the University and in association with other institutions and CAUDIT
- providing advice with regards to software compliance for site licence agreements
- procurement of software licenses and vendor management
- management of electronic and physical installation media, including software disposal
- maintaining of software deployment records
- management of software licence keys.
Software support levels
Using web/software in the cloud
Griffith University has a process that can help you
Have you seen an online application or service that can help your teaching, research, project or daily work? Perhaps you have a colleague at another institution that has recommended a great tool they have access to online?
Before you start using an online application or service, we need to ensure that it is safe and secure and won't put Griffith at risk. Online applications sit outside of Griffith University's control, and don't have the same guarantee of accountability that applies to internally hosted applications
Any online application or service must follow a review process. This process exists to ensure the service doesn't get "stopped at the gate" by security, legal or other concerns just before you start using it (or, even worse when it's in use).
Lab teaching software
The software applications available within computer labs, lecture theatres and seminar rooms are managed by Digital Solutions.
Please use this webform to submit the following requests for your relevant teaching space(s).
- Add a new software application
- Update an existing software application
- Remove an existing software application
- You can also register as a stakeholder for an existing application.
You only need to submit a request if changes are required within your teaching space(s).