Software asset management services
Our cost-effective software asset management services support the teaching, learning, research and administrative functions of the University. We collaborate with clients, suppliers, industry representatives and other Australian and New Zealand tertiary institutions.
What we do:
- manage software licence contract management, including revision and renewals
- administer, coordinate and collaborate in agreements across the University and in association with other institutions and CAUDIT
- provide advice with regards to software compliance for site licence agreements
- procure software licenses and vendor management
- manage electronic and physical installation media, including software disposal
- maintain software deployment records
- manage software licence keys
Standard software catalogue
Standard software on Griffith devices;
Please note, there are limitations in support for equipment that does not meet the basic specifications for Apple and Windows devices at Griffith University. All changes to, and levels of support for software in the catalogue will be subject to the Corporate Services Change Management process. This ensures compatibility with existing systems and network infrastructure. Other software available is listed in other software pages.
The Linux environment is not generally supported in the desktop environment. For any research software using Linux, contact eResearch support.
Find out more
Note to researchers:
Some applications are available on the research servers to academics via eResearch support.
Software support levels
Griffith advice and support is available and may vary according to the chosen software
Using web/software in the cloud
Griffith University has a process that can help you
Have you seen an online application or service that can help your teaching, research, project or daily work? Perhaps you have a colleague at another institution that has recommended a great tool they have access to online?
Before you start using an online application or service, we need to ensure that it is safe and secure and won't put Griffith at risk. Online applications sit outside of Griffith University's control, and don't have the same guarantee of accountability that applies to internally hosted applications
Any online application or service must follow a review process. This process exists to ensure the service doesn't get "stopped at the gate" by security, legal or other concerns just before you start using it (or, even worse when it's in use).
Lab teaching software
The software applications available within computer labs, lecture theatres and seminar rooms are managed by Digital Solutions.
Please use this webform to submit the following requests for your relevant teaching space(s).
- Add a new software application
- Update an existing software application
- Remove an existing software application
- You can also register as a stakeholder for an existing application.
You only need to submit a request if changes are required within your teaching space(s).