The projects undertaken by Information Services are an integral part of the activities to develop and improve services and electronic infrastructure. They represent a significant investment by the University and, as such, it is prudent that these projects be appropriately governed to ensure that benefits are realised and the investment supports the strategic direction of the University.
Additionally, Information Services is responsible for the management of the Electronic Infrastructure Capital Plan (EICP) to ensure that project spending is within their allocated budget and EICP funds are appropriately managed.
Projects managed under the EICP are governed under the following structure:
Education and Engagement Portfolio
- Responsible for coordinating, directing and implementing the Education and Engagement portfolio of projects and activities that together achieve outcomes and realise benefits of strategic importance.
- Provides governance for all IT programs and projects supporting learning and teaching and the student experience, both academic and administrative, and supports Griffith’s broader engagement across the University community and beyond.
- Chair: Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)
- Secretary: Lea-Anne Stafford
- Portfolio Manager: Barbara Buckley
Supporting University Business Portfolio
- Responsible for the strategic direction, co-ordination and governance of Electronic Infrastructure Capital Plan projects in the sub-sections of recruitment, admission, enrolment and graduation, and resource management.
- Chair: Vice President (Corporate Services)
- Secretary: Loraye Kent
- Portfolio Manager: Raj Saini
Supporting Research Portfolio
- Responsible for advising the Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor and Pro Vice Chancellor (Information Services) on the strategic direction, co-ordination and governance of University information projects that directly support research at Griffith University.
- Chair: Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor
- Secretary: Dr Claudia Arango
- Portfolio Manager: Trent Belling
Underlying Infrastructure Sub-Portfolio
- Responsible for the strategic direction, co-ordination and governance of projects in Information Services that are related to network, servers and storage, security and business continuity, middleware, facilities and technology management process improvements that support the business of Griffith University.
- Chair: CTO & Deputy to the PVC (INS)
- Secretary: Belinda Perrott
- Portfolio Manager: Michael Deayton
Individual programmes under each portfolio may choose to govern by a programme board, following the standard for programme management at Griffith University, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP).
Individual projects under each programme will be governed by a project board, following the standard for project management at Griffith University, PRINCE2. Project Boards may report to either a Programme Board or a Portfolio Board, in the event that a Programme Board does not exist for the Programme.
EICP Projects are also reportable to the Finance, Resources and Risk Committee:
Finance, Resources and Risk Committee
- The Finance, Resources and Risk Committee is responsible for assessing and advising Council on the University's financial position, its assets and liabilities and its strategies relating to income, budget allocations, and capital expenditure on electronic and physical infrastructure. The Committee is also responsible for advising Council on risk management in the University.
- Chair: Mr Mark Gray
- Secretary: Michele Britton