Clinical Placements are key components of various University programs. The standard clinical placement agreements are:
- Multi Discipline Agreement – for use in documenting placements with an Australian facility across a range of disciplines
- Single Discipline Agreement – for use in documenting placements with an Australian facility in a single discipline
- International Single Discipline Agreement - for use in documenting placements with an overseas facility in a single discipline.
These documents together with additional resources are located on the Health Group Repository.
Who can sign?
The Authority to Sign Contracts and Agreements specifies that each Dean and/or Head of School of the following elements has delegated authority to sign standard Health and Human Services Placement Agreements - Single-Discipline:
- School of Allied Health Sciences
- School of Applied Psychology
- School of Dentistry and Oral Health
- School of Human Services and Social Work
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Pharmacy
The Pro Vice Chancellor (Health) has delegated authority to sign standard Health and Human Services Placement Agreements - Multi-Discipline.
Standard agreements are ones where no amendments have been made to the precedent and the precedent schedule has been carefully and fully completed.
Health and Human Services Placement Agreement Single Discipline (International) and any other non-standard placement agreements (except Queensland Health, Mater Misericordiae and Ramsay Health schedules) will need to be passed through Legal Services to be signed by the Vice President (Corporate Services). Instructions to Legal Services should be initiated through the Legal services website.
Please note you are required to complete the name of the other party and provided its Australian Business Number which can be located using the ABN Lookup. Remember that a business name, trading name or trust is not a legal entity. In circumstances where a trust is involved, the appropriate legal entity to contract with is the trustee of the trust.