We have some guides to help you get started with your device:
- Google mail - how to set up on your mobile device
- Wireless - getting connected
- Read before you travel guide (PDF 737Kb) to avoid huge bills
- How to improve your mobile coverage
- iPhone mobile data savings tips
- Find out about recycling your old device
VoLTE and WiFi Calling
Find out more about how Optus VoLTE give you the ability to talk and browse simultaneously on
4G connection and provides WiFi Calling.
Recycling your old device
Griffith has made recycling your old devices easy by providing recycling stations across all campuses. Find out how to remove your personal data before you recycle your device .
Maintaining your Griffith mobile device
To maintain optimal use of your Griffith mobile device (phone or tablet), it is your responsibility to:
- Keep the Operating System on your device up-to-date - the benefits of updating your software include improving performance and security, fixing bugs and errors and providing product enhancements (including new network settings that may improve your mobile coverage).
- Backup your device - we strongly recommend that you back up your device regularly (at least once a month) so you will have a copy of your information to use if your device fails, is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Be aware of your mobile data usage - we have iPhone mobile data savings tips
that can help avoid excessive charges.
We are working with our mobile carriers to improve mobile coverage . There are some basic troubleshooting checks you can do to improve your mobile coverage or you can complete the mobile coverage request form to tell us about any coverage issues you may experience.