About your Alumni email account
If you were a Griffith Alumni and not an active student on 26 October 2018, your Griffith email account did not move to Microsoft Outlook 365.
Only active students email accounts were moved to Outlook 365 for student email. Email for Alumni will remain in Google (Gmail) until further notice.
Griffith email security system - Mimecast
Improves protection against spam junk email and suspicious messages
About Allow less secure apps
Google are continually updating security measures and now class some apps and devices as less secure. Google blocks this type of access by default to ensure your account is secure. This will result in an authentication error in the app, even though your username and password are correct. You are able to override this default security setting and access your account using email address and password as login methods.
You are able to override this default security setting and access your account using email address and password as login methods. To do this sign into your account on your computer and Turn on less secure apps.
How to login
- Username - full Griffith email address. For example email@example.com
- Password - myGriffith password
Access Alumni Gmail on your mobile device
Google Sync for Android
Google Sync for Windows mobile
To access your email, calendar and contacts on your Windows mobile device, refer to this Google Support documentation - Access Google Apps from a Windows mobile device
Google Sync for iOS
You can synchronise mail, contacts and calendars between your staff email account and your iOS device using Google Sync.
- Google Sync is available for iOS 10.0 and above.
- Backup your device to iTunes before configuring Google Sync.
- Have your Mobile Device and Desktop Application username and password ready
- Username: full student email address. For example firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: myGriffith password
- Enable Allow less secure apps
- Open the Settings application on your devices home screen
- Tap Accounts and Passwords
- Tap Add Account
- Tap Exchange (Note: Do not tap Google from this list of built-in-accounts)
- Enter your email account. You will be prompted to sign into your "email" Exchange Account - Select Sign in. Then enter your username and password
- In the Description field, enter the name you wish to call this email account e.g. "Griffith email".
- Tap Next at the top of your screen
- Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears
- When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com
- Leave "Domain" Field blank
- Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar, Contacts) you want to sync
- Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your device, tap Keep on my iPhone/iPad/iPod when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes. If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync install if prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of the "All Contacts" group instead
- Press Save or Done
Setup is completed. Synchronisation will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your device. You can also open the Mail, Contacts, Calendars Application and wait a few seconds to start a sync.
Sync additional or shared calendars
Additional calendars can be synced to your device. From your mobile navigate to the following link and choose which calendars you would like to sync to your device.