Access Email on your mobile device
Google Sync for Android
To access your email, calendar and contacts on your Android device, refer to this Google Support documentation - Access Google Apps from an Android device
Google Sync for Windows mobile
To access your email, calendar and contacts on your Windows mobile device, refer to this Google Support documentation - Access Google Apps from a Windows mobile device
Google Sync for iOS
You can synchronise mail, contacts and calendars between your staff email account and your iOS device using Google Sync.
- Google Sync is available for iOS 5.0 and above.
- Backup your device to iTunes before configuring Google Sync.
- Have your Mobile Device and Desktop Application (IMAP / POP) Password ready.
- Enable "Allow less secure apps"
- Open the Settings application on your devices home screen
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account
- Tap Microsoft Exchange. (Note: Do not tap Google from this list of built-in-accounts)
- Enter Username and Password
- Username is your full staff email address including @griffith.edu.au I.E. email@example.com
- Password is the Mobile Device and Desktop Application (IMAP / POP) Password
- Username is your full student email address including @griffithuni.edu.au. I.E. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password - myGriffith password
- Leave the Domain field blank
- In the Description field, enter the name you wish to call this email account.
- Tap Next at the top of your screen
- Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears
- When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com
- Press Next at the top of your screen again
- Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar, Contacts) you want to sync
- Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your device, tap Keep on my iPhone/iPad/iPod when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes. If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync install if prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of the "All Contacts" group instead
- Press Save or Done
- Setup is completed. Synchronisation will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your device. You can also open the Mail, Contacts, Calendars Application and wait a few seconds to start a sync
Sync additional or shared calendars
Additional calendars can be synced to your device. From your mobile navigate to the following link and choose which calendars you would like to sync to your device: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect