Access Email on your mobile device
Google Sync for Android
Google Sync for Windows mobile
To access your email, calendar and contacts on your Windows mobile device, refer to this Google Support documentation - Access Google Apps from a Windows mobile device
Google Sync for iOS
You can synchronise mail, contacts and calendars between your staff email account and your iOS device using Google Sync.
- Google Sync is available for iOS 10.0 and above.
- Backup your device to iTunes before configuring Google Sync.
- Have your Mobile Device and Desktop Application (IMAP / POP) Password ready
- Enable "Allow less secure apps"
- Open the Settings application on your devices home screen
- Tap Accounts and Passwords
- Tap Add Account
- Tap Exchange (Note: Do not tap Google from this list of built-in-accounts)
- Enter your email account. You will be prompted to sign into your "email" Exchange Account - Select Sign in. Then enter your password as follows:
- Username is your full staff email address including @griffith.edu.au I.E. email@example.com
- Password - Reset Pop / IMAP Password
- Username is your full student email address including @griffithuni.edu.au . I.E. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password - myGriffith password
- In the Description field, enter the name you wish to call this email account e.g. "Griffith email".
- Tap Next at the top of your screen
- Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears
- When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com
- Leave "Domain" Field blank
- Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar, Contacts) you want to sync
- Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your device, tap Keep on my iPhone/iPad/iPod when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes. If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync install if prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of the "All Contacts" group instead
- Press Save or Done
Setup is completed. Synchronisation will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your device. You can also open the Mail, Contacts, Calendars Application and wait a few seconds to start a sync.
Find out more with G Suite Learning Centre: Get Started with Mobile
Sync additional or shared calendars
Additional calendars can be synced to your device. From your mobile navigate to the following link and choose which calendars you would like to sync to your device: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect