All staff are provided with a Google Apps accounts while employed at Griffith.
To access your email enter your staff number and portal password.
Access to staff email is automatically removed effective from the date you cease employment. It is not possible to have access beyond the term of employment. Therefore it is important to read Leaving Griffith University before your termination date.
All students receive a Google Apps account while studying and after graduation. All official university correspondence is sent to your student account therefore it is important to check for email or configure a forward to an account you check regularly. Correspondence would include information about enrolment and fees, library loans and course content.
Students who are also staff members
When you are a student and a staff member you have two email accounts and it is the staff account that is the primary account. Any correspondence from systems such as HR and Learning@Griffith will go to the primary account. It is therefore important to check both accounts or configure a forward from staff to student.
Name changes and your email
When your preferred name or last name changes, your email address may also change. Your former email address will become an alias, so you can still receive emails to the old address.
- If your email address does change, you will need to update your account/username login information to reflect your new email address (e.g. mobile device, Outlook/Mac mail application, iPad/Android tablet etc.).
- Information on the default format and what happens when you change your names can be located at Account Management - Account Details.
Log a Request
- Request shared mailbox
- Manage your shared mailboxes
- Remove shared mailbox form
- Request access to another staff member's email
- Transfer ownership of Google Drive
- Reset Mobile/Desktop application password
- Request Adjunct staff email account
- Broadcast Email System