All students receive a Google Apps account while studying and after graduation. All official university correspondence is sent to your student account therefore it is important to check for email or configure a forward to an account you check regularly. Correspondence would include information about enrollment and fees, library loans and course content.
Name changes and your student email
You can amend your student name details via the Griffith Student Centre.
Please note this will change your primary mail address. Your sNumber@griffithuni.edu.au will remain active. However, your old email address firstname.lastname@example.org will only remain active for 30 days.
- Emails addressed to your old email will conintue to arrive in your Griffith University email account for 30 days.
- After 30 days, your old email address is removed and only emails address to your new email address will arrive in your Grififth email account.
- Your new email address will be automatically updated in the University systems.
Students who are also staff members
When you are a student and a staff member you have two email accounts and it is the staff account that is the primary account. Any correspondence from systems such as HR and Learning@Griffith will go to the primary account. It is therefore important to check both accounts or configure a forward from staff to student.
Email Guidelines and Policies
When communicating via email, you must comply with University guidelines and policies including:
- University Code of Conduct
- Information Technology Code of Practice
- Student Communication Policy
- Griffith Branding
Log a Request
- Release blocked email request
- Request shared mailbox
- Manage your shared mailboxes
- Remove shared mailbox form
- Request access to another staff member's email
- Transfer ownership of Google Drive
- Reset Mobile/Desktop application password
- Request Adjunct staff email account
- Broadcast Email System