Use your Google Calendar to manage time and to keep track of all your events. Any events you create or edit will sync automatically across all your devices where you're signed in.
Coming late November 2017: New look Google Calendar
Google has announced the Google Calendar is being updated with a new look and new features. This is scheduled to be rolled out to our Griffith community from 28 November 2017. This is a rolling schedule, so individuals may receive the update at different times over a few weeks.
Google calendar has a new interface and additional features to help you manage your time more effectively. Improvements include:
- Modern colour pallete and design.
- Responsive layout that automatically adjusts to the size of your browser window or device.
- Intuitive scheduling features to enhance team scheduling and meeting preparation.
- Ability to add formatting and hyperlinks to the invite description field and include documents, spreadsheets or presentations.
- Customisable view to highlight invitation status, show or hide weekends and see other calendars.
Google have provided self help tutorials:
- Learn what's new in Google Calendar
- Getting started with the new Calendar
- Calendar in G Suit Learning Centre
- Find out how to use Google Calendar
Subscribe to calendars that contain important dates for Griffith University Staff and Students. Click the link of the calendar you are interested in and select "Yes, add this calendar".
- Academic Calendar
The Academic Calendar is updated annually and contains the semester information and important study dates for the academic year.
- Meeting Free Weeks Calendar
Each year, the University's Executive Group approves a number of meeting free weeks which take into account the Universities Australia Common Weeks and Griffith's Academic Calendar vacation weeks.
- INS Maintenance Calendar
The Maintenance Calendar shows the scheduled IT maintenance periods for the year.
A resource is a meeting room that can be booked so that attendee's know where to attend the meeting.
Add a resource to an event
- On your computer open Google Calendar
- Create an event or opening an existing one
- On the right side of the page, click Rooms
- Next to the resource click Add
- Click Save.
Other people will not be able to add the resource at the same time. If you do not see a resource that you normally use this means the resource is already booked.