The bulk SMS service allows you to send an SMS (Short Messaging Service) to multiple students or staff from your mobile device or desktop computer, via our service provider SMS Global.
What is SMS Global?
SMS Global is an Australian company that provides a platform to allow you to send bulk SMS messages to clients. Griffith has an enterprise account which gives us the flexibility to create a sub-account on your behalf. The sub-account gives you the ability to manage your own SMS account and still receive a competitive rate.
Refer to SMS Global for more information on the service.
Service costs are 8 cents per SMS*. As per the enterprise agreement, the more messages Griffith sends each month, the cheaper the rate. For an estimate on price, refer to SMS Global pricing.
As at 1st January 2016, all costs associated with SMS Global (including set up and usage charges), will be paid from a central University account for all Griffith staff. Approval will still be required for requesting new accounts and usage will continue to be monitored and reported to Head of School or Division on a monthly basis.
How to apply
You can apply for a SMS bulk messaging account using the New Bulk SMS Account request form.
When logging your request, you will need to advise:
- Griffith staff member responsible for managing the SMS account
- Preferred SMS account name
- Reason for requesting account
- Name of person responsible for approving the set up of account.
Once your account has been established, we will contact you to confirm your username and password.
Please be aware when sending SMS on behalf of Griffith you will need to abide by Griffith Policies including, but not limited to:
- SMS for Current Students guidelines
- Student Communication policy
- Griffith University Code of Conduct
- Griffith University Privacy Plan
- Information Technology Code of Practice
Refer to the Griffith Policy Library for more information.
How to access your SMS Global account
Log into your SMS Global account.
SMS Global can provide you with online support, including advice on
- how to register and log in
- how to change your account password
- how to send SMS