The Research and Grants Finance team work with the Office for Research (research grants) and Griffith Enterprise (CCR’s) to ensure the smooth financial management of Research and CCR agreements. Office for Research or Griffith Enterprise should be the first point of contact for staff members applying for grants and proposals.
Once your funding is approved by the Office for Research or Griffith Enterprise, the Research and Grants Finance team will support you through the next financial stages of your project, as detailed below:
Research and Grants Finance Team - Services Provided
- Create projects in the Finance System (PeopleSoft).
- Review contracts and schedule financial milestones (revenue, reporting, payments to collaborators, audit).
- Liaise with Chief Investigators to prepare the grant/ consultancy budgets.
Managing the project
- Co-ordinate invoicing of completed milestones.
- Co-ordinate collaborator payments.
- Approve new personnel appointments (check to ensure sufficient funding available).
- Provide ad hoc advice on financial queries.
- Monitoring of actual expenditure against the budget.
- Assist in expenditure management.
- Prepare financial progress reports and review expenditure.
- Liaise with Chief Investigators to finalise acquittals.
- Update the Research Database and Finance System for project variations.
- Annual submission of ARC and NHMRC financial reports.
- Prepare and submit final acquittals and invoices.
- Organise return of unspent funds.
- Assisting in managing deficits.
- Close projects in Finance System.
- Annual HERDC return.
- Annual HERDC estimates for Staircase and research active reporting.