The Insurance Office has a combination of insurance programs to meet legal obligations and to protect the University from financial loss from:
- Damage or destruction of assets or income producing activities
- Injury to staff, students or third parties
- Legal liability of staff and students from University activities
We renew our policies on 1st November each year.
You should contact us
- After an injury or incident that may have insurance implications e.g. personal injury at work, damage or theft of equipment
- On alteration, amendment or disconnection of fire or burglary protection systems
- For overseas operations that involve the University, including services or product exports
- On shipment of goods valued over $500,000
- When you Hire, lease or borrow plant and/or equipment where the total value is over $50,000
- When you charter or operate air or waterborne craft other than for ordinary commercial passenger travels (including charter for aerial photography).
- If you become a Director of an outside organisation which involves the University
- Before starting a Clinical trial
- If the University is involved in the acquisition of new companies and/or mergers or joint ventures
- Granting indemnities or hold harmless agreements, any contracts entered into by the University
- To discuss any significant changes in activities that may affect insurance coverage.
This list is not exhaustive. If in doubt contact us.
For information about policy excess amounts and payments, please contact us.
Our insurance polices are subject to excess and may apply to claims for two reasons:
- An excess may be accepted voluntarily by the University to reduce the payable premium;
- Underwriters may impose an excess due to poor claims history in a particular field of insurance.