Candidates may apply to transfer from their higher degree research doctoral program to another higher degree research doctoral program by completing and submitting a service request via myGriffith, My Research, My Candidate Centre.

An application to transfer your Doctoral candidature will include a report that:

  • describes the circumstances leading to the request
  • describes the work completed and remaining to be done
  • gives a timetable for completion of the work
  • includes a revised research proposal and research topic
  • gives an explanation of how the original doctoral research proposal has been revised to reflect the demands of the proposed new doctoral program

Candidates must also provide a copy of the Academic Referee’s Report for the proposed program to two academic referees, instructing them to return reports independently to the Griffith Graduate Research School.

The period of candidature already completed at doctoral level will be deemed to be candidature completed towards the new doctoral program.

A candidate who, in order to complete the new program, will exceed the maximum period of candidature applicable to that program, must apply for an extension of candidature.  It is expected that the new completion date will be extended by no more than six months full time equivalent from the date of effect of the change.

The Dean (Research) will be required to certify that continuing supervision arrangements are satisfactory, or advise new arrangements as appropriate.