Candidates may apply to change supervision arrangements at any time via myGriffith, My Research, My Candidate Centre. Where supervision is tied to a particular project, as with an industry scholarship for example, special approval will be required.

Requests to change supervision arrangements are approved by the Dean (Research). As a matter of courtesy, candidates and the proposed new supervisors are asked to discuss their intentions with the current supervisors. There may be times when a candidate is reluctant to discuss potential supervision changes with their current supervisors. In this case the candidate should raise the matter with the Head of Element or delegate (HDR Convenor),or the Dean (Research).

A candidate will be consulted where there is a need to put new supervision arrangements in place (for example, a supervisor resigning from the University).

Candidates should read the Code of Practice for the Supervision of Higher Degree Research Students.