Candidates may apply to transfer their candidature at any time via myGriffith, My Research, My Candidate Centre. Prior to applying, candidates should negotiate a new supervision arrangement with appropriate staff members of the element to which they wish to transfer. As a courtesy, candidates are encouraged to advise their current supervisors of the action they have taken. If as a result of the transfer the research focus has changed, a new thesis topic and research proposal must be submitted with the application.This application  is submitted as a service request via myGriffith, My Research, My Candidate Centre to the relevant elements to negotiate the detail of the transfer, including an effective date, resource allocation, and any consequential re-apportioning of student load.