Domestic students who are admitted to a higher degree by research program are exempt from tuition fees under the Research Training Scheme. However, textbooks, personal study materials and some support services incur additional costs.
Continuing international students are liable to pay an annual tuition fee that covers a calendar year. The invoicing periods for tuition fees are:
- Semester 1 (1 January to 30 June)
- Semester 2 (1 July to 31 December)
The tuition fee must be paid each semester by the census date.
- Access Griffith University's Academic Calendar
- Visit the Programs and courses website to view tuition fees for higher degree by research programs
- Visit the Fees and charges website to view information on tuition fees, payment methods, and financial help details.
- Access Griffith University's Fees and Charges Policy (PDF 212k) to view matters relating to tuition fee payment and refunds.
Tuition fee refunds
A student who withdraws from candidature or submits a thesis may apply for a partial refund of tuition fees for that semester, calculated on a pro-rata basis. The calculation will be based on the enrolment status of the student on the 15th day of the month. If withdrawal or submission occurs on or before the 15th of the month, there is no tuition fee liability for that month. If withdrawal or submission occurs on or after the 16th day of the month, tuition fees will be charged for that month.