- Information for elements including:
Preparation of hard-copy records to send to CRDS
Sending email to student file
Forms & barcodes
Accessing student records
- Information for CRDS (SharePoint)
Important information on photocopying vs printing blank forms
- Metadata is embedded in the barcode that informs the scanner of where on the form to read the student ID (ie: in most cases, this is where the student originally wrote it!). To enable this, the Student ID boxes are a very light grey, which scans transparently and makes reading the ID easier. This also means, however, that if the form is photocopied the grey boxes 'disappear'.
- As such, one important change in the way you do business will need to be made. If your element maintains stocks of blank forms, please print all stock rather than printing one and making photocopies. If the form is photocopied, the Student ID boxes will disappear, and there will be no guidance as to where to write the ID.
- Printing and photocopying on the Ricoh MFDs are the same cost, so there is no budget implication to this, just a slight readjustment of work practices.
The student ID box will look like this if the form is PRINTED from file.
The student ID box will look like this if the form is PHOTOCOPIED from a paper original as opposed to printed from file.
The student ID box will look like once the form is completed and is ready for scanning.
The student ID box will look like this to the scanner and when viewed on the scanned record on the student file.