Accessing Unrestricted Records
Requests for files should be emailed to email@example.com for action. Ideally you should include as much identifying information as possible to assist the information officer to action your request. This may include:
- File number (if known) or student/staff ID (if applicable)
- Detailed subject information
To expedite your requests, please do not send file requests to individual information officers, as these duties are rostered on a rotating basis and/or the Information Officer you email directly may be away resulting in your request going unanswered.
Please note that a file will only be assigned to you if you have the appropriate security classification for that file. In the event you do not have the appropriate security classification for a requested file, the following processes will apply.
Accessing Restricted Records
To access restricted corporate records, you must complete the appropriate forms below and obtain approval from your head of element (or an appropriate delegate within your element as listed below).
- Request to access restricted corporate records
Use this form to request access to restricted corporate records.
- Requesting access to student records
Access is automatically assigned and is linked to the PeopleSoft roles.
- Request to delegate authorisation to restricted records
A head of an element would use this form to delegate the responsibility approving access to restricted corporate records to another staff member.
Access to restricted records is determined by the requirements of the position you hold within the University. For example, a Human Resource Adviser from the Office of Human Resource Management would require access to staff/personnel records to fuIfil the duties of their position.
If you require access to restricted records that are not owned by your element, the Request to access restricted corporate records form must be countersigned by the appropriate person as listed below in the allocated space on the second page of the form.
You will not be able to access corporate or restricted records until the appropriate authorisation is received by CRDS.
Authorisation for Access to Restricted Records
The following staff are authorised to sign your request to access restricted corporate records
- Ian Commins, Senior Legal Officer
- Nicola Collier-Jackson, Director
- Geoff Smith, Deputy Director (Planning Design & Construction) (authorisation for PD&C file access only)
- Tony Ramsden, Manager (Planning, Performance & Compliance)
Office of Finance & Business Services (FBS)
- Peter Bryant, Chief Financial Officer
- Howard Ward, Deputy Chief Financial Office & Financial Controller
- Anendra Chand, Manager, Financial Accounting
- Julene Finnigan, Group Resource Manager (Arts, Education & Law)
- James Fox, Group Resource Manager (Business)
- Geoffrey van Geyzel, Group Resource Manager (Health)
- Etienne Van Wyk, Group Resource Manager (Griffith Sciences)
- Mindaugas (Max) Kunce, Deputy Corporate Resource Manager
- Kim Marx, Deputy Corporate Resource Manager
- Emma Farley, Director, Office of Planning Services
Office of Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Bill (William) Ryan, Director of the Office of Human Resource Management
- Shane Pitman, Human Resource Manager, Business Services
Griffith Enterprise (GI)
- Scott Baxter, Associate Director Operations, Griffith Enterprise
Office for Research (OR)
- Ethics: Tony Sheil, Deputy Director, Policy, Ethics & ERA
- Research Grants: Claire White, Manager, Research Grants & Centres