The transport office provides pool cars to staff for business-related travel.
Note: Street directories and satellite navigation are not provided in pool cars. Some car pool offices may have street directories that can be borrowed.
- Vehicles are available between 8.00am and 5.00pm. A limited number of vehicles are also available for overnight use.
- It is the driver's responsibility to ensure that they have a current and valid driver's license for the class of vehicle they are driving.
- Vehicles may be enabled with GPS tracking for the purposes of reporting and managing utilisation and recovery where required.
- Drivers should be aware that vehicles may be fitted with Keyless Entry technology which is enabled via a website. Drivers will need access to a charged mobile phone with adequate service to initially unlock and finally lock a vehicle. If Keyless Entry applies to your booking, this will feature in your confirmation email.
- Before driving the vehicle, please make yourself familiar with the features of the vehicle, paying particular attention to the safety features of the vehicle. For example, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) Electronic Stability Control, convex side mirrors, how the hand brake engages as some vehicles have a foot operated handbrake. If you are unsure about any features of the vehicle, please ask for assistance from the car-pool staff.
- Staff must refill the vehicle when the fuel gauge displays half full or less. Fuel cards for Caltex and BP service stations are provided in the vehicle and are only for use with this vehicle. (Some vehicles may also have Shell fuel cards.) Please show courtesy to other vehicle users by refuelling the vehicle before returning it to the car pool.
- All staff can use a car as long as they have approval from their supervisor and it is for University business use. Most internal charging has been removed however in some circumstance charging may apply.
- Overnight bookings for the Gold Coast campus require approval from the Logistics Gold Coast campus Team Leader.
- For long-term bookings (3 days or more), the transport office coordinate external hire vehicles.
- Private use of a vehicle requires approval from the Vice President (Corporate Services).
- Postgraduate students may use vehicles with the prior approval of their immediate supervisor. Supervisors must book the vehicle and supply the relevant cost codes in order to track utilisation. Gold Coast campus students must also have a "Postgraduate Vehicle Booking Form" completed by their supervisor.
There are other ways to book your car on-line:
- From the Griffith Portal select Parking, Transport and Travel then under the Transport folder select Vehicle Bookings
- From the University web home page select the Current Staff link, then select the Vehicle Bookings link in the ‘On-line Support’ section.
'University Vehicle Only' parking is available on all campuses. The Driver is responsible for any parking infringement notices.
- Private use of a University vehicle Form (PDF 56k)
- Motor Vehicle Damage Report Form
- External Vehicle Hire Authorisation
- Motor Vehicle Conditions of Use Acknowledgement and Request (PDF 230K)