LGBTIQ+ inclusion workshops
Griffith is committed to providing an inclusive environment for all, including those of diverse genders, bodies and sexualities (LGBTIQ+) by educating staff on important issues related to these communities.
Griffith offers two workshops as part of its LGBTIQ+ inclusion programs: on that covers general LGBTIQ+ inclusion and another that is focused on Intersex inclusion.
LGBTIQ+ Inclusion Workshop
This workshop covers:
- why the inclusion of a diversity of genders, bodies and sexualities is important,
- the differences between sex, gender and sexuality,
- the experiences of LGBTIQ+ people,
- supporting LGBTIQ+ people in the workplace and classroom, and
- LGBTIQ+ inclusion at Griffith
This workshop is hosted online and co-facilitated by Pride in Diversity and a member from the Griffith Pride Committee.
Intersex Inclusion Workshop
This workshop covers:
- an introduction to Intersex people
- discussion on Intersex health and human rights
- information on the Intersex community and allyship
This workshop is hosted online and facilitated by Intersex Human Rights Australia.
These courses are suitable for staff and students at all levels.
The LGBTIQ+ Inclusion Workshop meets the training requirements to become a Griffith LGBTIQ+ Ally.
LGBTIQ+ Inclusion Workshop dates for 2023:
- Wednesday 29 March 2023, 1.00 - 2.30 pm
- Wednesday 10 May 2023, 1.00 - 2.30 pm
- Wednesday 9 August 2023, 1.00 - 2.30 pm
- Wednesday 8 November 2023, 1.00 - 2.30 pm
These sessions are held online via Microsoft Teams.
Intersex Inclusion Workshop dates for 2023 are to be advised.
How to Enrol
Staff can register for the workshop through the Staff Portal
- Log into the Staff Portal and select "My Staff Page" from Key Services.
- The Home Screen will appear. Select "Training and Online Resources" > "Face2Face Training".
- Select "Search by Course Number" and insert the Course Code: 600008 for the LGBTIQ+ Inclusion Workshop.
- Details on how to enrol in Intersex Inclusion Workshop TBA.
- View Available Sessions and choose the available session
Students can register by completing the student LGBTIQ+ inclusion workshop registration form.