Promotion rounds for academic staff will be conducted annually. At Griffith, the promotion process is:
- Collegial - A peer review process - determined upon merit, in terms of achievement.
- Merit-based - Not constrained by a quota system.
- Transparent - Candidates have the opportunity to view and respond to Supervisor and Dean reports.
What do I need to know?
|1. Build your case
|2. Attend a briefing||
Briefings are presented to provide information about promotion processes, frequently asked questions, and advice regarding how to build your case for promotion and evidence your claims.
2017 Promotion briefing session notes are now available.
Female colleagues wishing to apply for promotion are encouraged to attend the Women only information session, which will be hosted by Professor Lesley Chenoweth AO, Pro Vice Chancellor and Head, Logan Campus.
Register now to attend this Women's only session.
|3. Complete documentation||
The following documentation forms your application:
|4. Submit your application||
The 2017 Promotion Round will open 22 May 2017 and applications will close 5pm, Thursday 27 July 2017
|5. Information for Committee Members
||Review promotion documentation online.|
Appeals against non-promotion may only be made on the grounds of the University's failure in a significant way to comply with its own procedures. The academic merits of a case for promotion and the judgement of the Committee or other decision maker may not be used as the basis for an appeal.
- Appeals on Non-promotion of Academic and Research Only Staff Procedure
- Appeal on Non-promotion of Academic Staff - Submission Form
For advice and guidance on these activities please contact HR Advisory Services.