The information below is for students.
If you are studying a course that is using Collaborate Ultra, you are in the right place!
Are you teaching a course?
If you are teaching a course using Collaborate Ultra, please refer to:
Blackboard Collaborate is a simple, convenient, and reliable virtual classroom tool that allows you to engage with the material, your instructor and other students so that everyone feels like they're in the same room together.
When you enter your first Collaborate Ultra session you can access a quick three-slide Introduction to the Collaborate Ultra virtual room. This introduction shows you where to find features, and will allow you to setup your audio and video. The Introduction can be accessed again at anytime from the 'Tell me about Collaborate' section of the Session Menu, at the top left of the Collaborate session.
Step by Step
The basics: Using Collaborate Ultra
- Locate the link to Collaborate Ultra in your course site and click into it. Once Collaborate Ultra opens up, click the link to the appropriate session, then Click 'Launch Session' to join the session room. The Session will open up in a new tab in your browser window.
(If you have used the old version of Collaborate, you will be pleased to know there is no need to use the old Collaborate Launcher with Collaborate Ultra).
- Use the Audio Setup Wizard to ensure that your speakers and microphone are working.
- Participate in the session as required. You may be asked to speak (you'll need to click your on-screen microphone button On to do this) or you may just provide visual feedback to the presenter by using the buttons on-screen to indicate agreement/disagreement, to raise your hand, etc.
- After a session has run you can usually access recordings. Recordings can be accessed from the Collaborate Ultra area where you accessed your session. By default it will be displaying Sessions - to display recordings instead, select Recordings from the burger menu at the top left:
Good to know
- Collaborate Ultra opens up in your browser. We recommend using the latest version of Chrome.
- Collaborate sessions and recordings are unavailable during regular scheduled maintenance windows. These are Fridays from 2am (02:00) to 6am (06:00) AEST and Saturdays from 10pm (22:00) to Sunday 6am (06:00) AEST
- Collaborate Ultra will open if you are using the Blackboard App. Check the other supported browsers for Collaborate UItra (Blackboard Help).
- Getting started with Collaborate Ultra (Blackboard Help)
- All Collaborate Ultra help topics (Blackboard Help)