Anything you create or upload to Pebble+ is called an Asset. A Portfolio is a type of asset which acts like a more comprehensive presentation which acts as a binder for pages and allows you to create multi-page presentations that can paint a more detailed picture of the story you’d like to tell.
There are several ways to use a portfolio:
- Job applications or appraisals
- Records of projects or events
- Professional standards portfolio for accreditation or promotion
- Digital scrap-booking (celebrations, vacations, sporting and other achievements)
Follow these instructions to create a Portfolio:
- Log into PebblePad (you can do this via a link in a Learning@Griffith course or by going to https://v3.pebblepad.com.au/login/griffith/)
- From your PebblePad homepage, click on the 3 stacked lines in the top-left corner to open the menu
- Click Get creative
- Click Create a portfolio
- You can start by customising the Portfolio banner:
- Use the Replace Image button to choose from the default banner images or select/upload your own image
- Use the Remove Image button if you do not want an image in your banner
- Click on the Make your page stand out with a banner text to add a title to your Portfolio banner
- Click on the You can personalise the layout of your banner from the properties panel text to add a sub-title to your banner
- You can then add content items by clicking on the blue + ADD CONTENT button at the top of the page
- A) For any block of content that you add to your page, use the block properties panel on the right to edit how it looks. The options will vary depending on the type of content block you've added.
B) Alternatively, you can add a new page or an existing asset or portfolio by clicking the + icon below the + ADD CONTENT button and selecting Add an existing asset Search for the relevant asset in the right-hand-side pane that appears and select it by clicking on the title. Your asset will then be added to your portfolio
- Once you’ve finished adding content/editing your Portfolio, click Save
- A) To see how your Portfolio will look when viewed by others, click on the Preview button. You will then be prompted to add a title (if you have not already saved your Portfolio)
Be sure to save your work as you go by clicking on the Save button in the top-left corner. You will be prompted to add a title when you save for the first time.
Locating your Portfolio
When you save your Portfolio it becomes an asset in your Asset store. You can access your Asset store by clicking on the burger menu and selecting Asset store.
Editing your Portfolio
Once you've located your Portfolio, you can click on the title to open it. It will open in edit mode and you can continue to work on it. If you are in the Asset store, clicking on the Portfolio icon next to the title will select the asset. The icon will then become a tick. When one or more assets are selected, you'll see an I want to... button appear in the bottom right corner. You can use this button to open, copy, share or delete your Portfolio.
You're able to reuse any page of your portfolio by going to the Page Settings in the side panel of the portfolio (Properties > Page tab) and selecting the option called Make current page visible in your store. This page will then appear in your Asset store as a separate page asset and can be used independently or added to a different portfolio.
REMEMBER that the page asset is still the same page that exists within the portfolio. If you edit either of them, the changes will be reflected in the other. To edit the page without the changes going through to your portfolio, you must first make a copy of the page (by selecting it and clicking on I want to...) and then edit the copied asset.
For additional assistance, click on the Help button on the bottom right corner of the screen to see short animations about:
- Adding content to your page
- Formatting text
- Rearranging the blocks
- Adding pages to your portfolio
- Reordering pages
Click on the Close button to close the Help panel.