The Assignment tool allows you to submit files onto Learning@Griffith for marking. Once marking is complete, you can see your marks and feedback online.
Your Assignment might be enabled for checking with SafeAssign. If it is, the submission process is largely the same, but you can find more information about how SafeAssign works by referring to our SafeAssign page.
Good to know
- Submission points for your Assignment will be located within the course site for your course on Learning@Griffith. If you are having trouble locating a submission point, please contact your Course Convenor.
- A Blackboard Assignment can accept multiple files in a single submission, however you must attach all of them before clicking Submit.
- There is a 250MB limit for your submission.
- If the assignment is set up as a Group Assignment only one member within the group will need to submit, but all students in the group will be able to see the submission.
- Currently, Griffith students do not receive a receipt number for submissions through the Assignment tool. However the feature has been introduced in the Blackboard software, so you may see reference to it in Blackboard's help material. You can check that your assignment has been submitted by re-entering the submission point and ensuring your file displays.
Step by step
The basics: Submitting your assignment
- Locate the assignment submission point in your course - for example, it might be in the Assessment area.
- Click the name of the assignment.
- On the Upload Assignment page, click Browse My Computer and select a file (or files) to attach.
Ensure you have the correct file/s: often you will only be allowed one opportunity to submit your assignment.
- Click Submit.
- A success message appears at the top of the page - "This assignment is complete. Review the Submission History", confirming the assignment submission.
- You will be now able to see the file you have submitted onscreen - take this chance to check that you have submitted the correct file.
- Submitting assignments (Blackboard Help)
- Submitting Group assignments (Blackboard Help)
- Video: Submitting assignments (Blackboard video, 2m 28s)