How to send an email to one/many students via an ATLAS workspace
You may want to contact a group of students from your ATLAS workspace to remind them of a due date, find out why they have not submitted, or congratulate those who have. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to your ATLAS workspace and click on the Submissions tab
- Select one or many of the students you want to send an email to
- Then click on Report and go to the Breakdown of Submissions report
- On this Reports page:
- Select the relevant Assignment
- Choose the ‘status’ of the submissions for the group of students you want to email (i.e. All, Not submitted or Submitted);
- Or enter their name in the User Details field.
- To send an email to the selected users, click on the “Message to filtered list” button (top of the screen):
- NOTE: A pop-up will appear asking you to continue to the Community page.
Please click OK:
- On the ‘Send a message’ page:
- If required, Remove any “To:” recipients by clicking the ‘x’ next to their name
- Select “Send Copy to Myself” to keep a copy for your records (however, ATLAS will retain a copy of the message – see step ‘9’)
- Compose your email
- Click “Send Message”.
- Students (recipients) will receive an email with the sender, date, time and workspace name included, then the message:
- Designated Lead Tutors can see a list of emails sent from the workspace by following these steps :
- Click Management tab
- Click Log
- Search for “message” to see a list of emails sent
- Click title of message to see details.