The Virtual private network software allows you to establish a secure link between your computer and the university.
This software is required to access:
- If you are off-campus and want to connect to
- some parts of the Griffith Portal website
- personal files stored on the Griffith file servers accessible via the Network storage
When a new VPN connection is initiated using the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client you will be prompted to choose a group along with your Griffith Portal username and password. Behaviour of the connection will depend on the group you choose, here is a brief explanation:
griffith-default - all traffic will be sent via Griffith's network whether it's to Griffith's network or any other internet website, as a result you will be promoted to log into Internet Access in order to access the internet.
griffith-split-tunnel - all internet traffic will be sent via your current internet provider and all traffic destined to Griffith's network will be sent via this VPN connection.
Download the VPN ClientChoose an installation guide based on your operating system and requirements:
- Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000
- Apple Mac OSX using Cisco AnyConnect Client
- Apple Mac OSX using builtin client
- Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) using AnyConnect Client
- Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) using builtin client
- Android (Mobile phones and tablet devices)
Please be aware that VPN software is not compatible with the Windows RT operating system (Microsoft Surface tablet) and Google Chromebooks. Should you need more information please use Contact Us link on the left to get in touch with us.
Existing Cisco installation
If you already have an installed and working version of the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client installed on your computer (ie. you are from another institution where Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is also in use) and would like to connect to Griffith University's network via VPN you can just point the software to the server address of vpn.griffith.edu.au click Connect, choose a Group and login.