Remote AD maps your G and H drives to your local computer, so that you can access your files as you would normally access them from your office. Your computer must be connected to a reasonably fast internet connection for this option to work effectively (e.g. cable or ADSL). Please note, this service is available for staff only.
Remote AD has been successfully tested on standard Griffith Staff Operating Environment (SOE) PCs running Windows 7 and 10. It may work but is not supported on non-Griffith computers. The recommended solution for non-griffith computers is the "Network Storage".
You can make the use of Remote AD from:
- your computer using a private Internet Service Provider and the VPN Client
- your laptop using the Griffith wireless network in a campus smart zone
For Griffith staff laptops:
- Remote AD is included as standard software
Downloading and using Remote AD
- Download and run Remote AD (EXE, 404KB) (currently for Windows 7 and higher only - we suggest you download the program to your Desktop for ease of access)
- A connection pop-up message will appear (see first image below)
- Select Connect Drives to connect to your G and H drives
- Authentication is required if you are using a non-Griffith asset
- You need to launch Remote AD for each new VPN session
The following two pop-up messages will appear whenever Remote AD is launched: