How to connect to Griffith G Drive with iOS mobile devices.
These instructions have been provided as a guide to help you configure your iOS device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices) to connect to the Griffith University G drive storage. While storage access has been designed to provide support for as many platforms and devices as possible, the University does not provide technical support for any iOS device beyond this self-help guide.
The following instruction outlines the setup process to access Group drive
(G drive) for staff in Griffith University.
The connecting software chosen in this example is FileBrowser by Stratospherix
App Store link: FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers
This is a chargeable application, compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Staff G drive can be natively connected while the device is on-campus and connected to ‘Griffith University’ wireless. If you are on cellular data or connected off-site, please use the instruction in the following link to set up:
The guide may also be relevant for other applications with similar functionality.
1. Once the app starts, select ‘Locations’, and select the “ + “ icon as shown.
2. Select ‘NAS’ from the list, then select 'Save'
3. Tap on the fields illustrated below, and complete the required information as follows:
Display Name: ‘G Drive’, or leave blank for auto-completion
User Name: Tap on ‘Edit…’ and enter your staff number, including the ‘s’ prefix
Password: Tap on ‘Edit…’ and enter your Griffith Portal password
Tap on 'Save' after completing the fields.
4. Select ‘OK’ if prompted as illustrated
5. Select ‘Save’ to save the information, and select ‘Done’ if prompted.
6. Tap on the presented link to access you G drive
7. The presented view will list your authorised G drive folders.
An example is given below: