The aim of the ongoing governance is to ensure the Student Portal continues to deliver on its vision and is kept relevant and up-to-date.
- The Student Portal is cross-functional and is focused on student needs not on who delivers the service at Griffith.
- Decisions regarding Portal changes should be data driven (based on analytics and/or student testing results).
- Impact on students is to be considered around timing when making changes.
Student Portal Steering Committee
The Student Portal Steering Committee represents the Business System Owner (Provost, Academic) and is responsible for ensuring that the Student Portal continues to deliver to its vision.
|Academic Registrar (Chair)||Academic Administration|
|Director||Student Success ( AA )|
|Director||Student Administration ( AA )|
|Director||Student Services ( AA )|
|Director||University Librarian ( INS )|
|Director||Planning and Projects Office ( INS )|
|Director||Office of Marketing and Communications ( OMC )|
|Marketing manager||Campus Life|
|Manager, HDR Student Centre||HDR / GGRS|
|Director||Enterprise Information Services|
Student Portal Steering Committee responsibilities
- Decisions regarding changes to the Information Architecture (menu structure).
- Agreeing on the content to be shown on the myGriffith home page.
- Approving a schedule for update of time based tiles.
- Approval of new personalisation attributes, common element display templates and new or changed integrations.
- Periodic review of the creative design/look and feel of myGriffith.
- Reviewing the ongoing usage of the portal.
- Providing input into future project proposals and product roadmaps.
- Resolving any escalated issues raised by shared page owners.
All myGriffith pages have an ownership team or an owner who is responsible for the content on the page. A representative for each page sits on the Student Portal Steering Committee.
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 1
|Page||Page||Level stakeholder group (ownership team)||Steering Committee representative|
|Homepage||Level 1||Student Portal Steering Committee||Academic Registrar|
|My courses||Level 1||Centre for Learning Futures, Student Administration, Academic Services||Dean, Centre for Learning Futures|
|Study support||Level 1||Library, IT Services, Student Success, Griffith International, INS Communications||Director, Library and Lending Services|
|Personal support||Level 1||Student Services, Griffith International||Associate Director, Student Services|
|Student life||Level 1||Campus Life, Student Guild Marketing||Manager, Campus Life|
|Employment||Level 1||Student Success, Alumni||Associate Director, Student Success|
|My research||Level 1||Higher Degree Research Centre Griffith Graduate Research School||Manager, HDR Student Centre|
|My details||Level 2||Student Administration||Director, Student Administration|
|My contacts||Level 2||Student Administration||Director, Student Administration|
|Messages||Level 2||Student Administration||Director, Student Administration|
|Fees||Level 2||Student Administration||Director, Student Administration|
Page owner responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Portal Analyst/Administrator reviewing analytics reports and using these to inform page content improvements.
- Providing to the Steering Committee a summary report of any changes that have been made to pages they are responsible for since the previous steering committee meeting.
- Advising the Portal Analyst/Administrator of any changes to applications or general web pages that may impact myGriffith.
|Homepage||Personal links||Portal Administrator|
|Homepage||Time-bound tiles||Portal Administrator|
|Multiple||Carousel||Web Publisher nominated by each page owner|
|Multiple||I want to?||Portal Administrator|
|Multiple||Organisational contacts||Web Publisher nominated by each page owner|
Page owners select web publishers who are trained to modify content items in myGriffith.
Web publishers can only make content changes to myGriffith pages assets (carousels, contacts, etc . ) to which they are assigned.