'eResearch' encapsulates any research activity that uses advanced digital technologies such as:
- advanced communications networks;
- specialized software for data analysis and visualization;
- high performance computing facilities;
- data repositories, and associated data management tools;
- advanced collaboration tools;
- graphics-intensive visualisation and interaction systems;
- simulation tools;
- sensor networks; and
- digital instrumentation systems.
Research projects across a broad spectrum of disciplines will often include some component of 'eResearch'.
Support for a wide range of eResearch technologies is available to Griffith researchers. eResearch specialists can assist with use of advanced information and communication technologies (ICT) for:
- Collaborative research
- Data capture and acquisition
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Data management and discovery
eResearch specialists can also assist with determining ICT requirements for Grant Applications and other research proposals.
Separate intranet web sites provide details on facilities that are available for:
For a consolidated list of 'eResearch' resources and services that are commonly recommended to Griffith researchers, see this webpage:
To enquire further about support for eResearch, see the Contact Us page.