What is Parallels Mac Management technology
Parallels Mac Management technology enables us to manage our Mac fleet at an enterprise level - similar to how Windows PCs are currently managed - with the same security policies across both platforms.
Who needs to install the App
- If you received a Mac computer prior to 26 September 2017 you are required to install the Parallels Mac Management App on your computer.
- If you received a Mac computer after 26 September 2017 no action is required and your computer is up to date.
To confirm that the Parallels Mac Management App is installed > go to System Preferences > if the Parallels Mac Management icon is displayed the App has been installed.
To learn more about the benefits of Parallels Mac Management technology see an overview of Benefits.
- Double-click Download Parallels Mac Management button to start the installation process. Download Parallels Mac Management
- The executable InstallManagement App.dmg file will then be accessible from your Downloads folder.
- Double-click the InstallManagement App.dmg file from Downloads. Note: if you can not see file > go to Finder > Downloads.
- The InstallMangementApp window will appear > hold the Control button on your keyboard and click the InstallManagement App icon. Note: If the Control button and InstallManagement App icon are not clicked at the same time an error will be generated. If this occurs repeat this step again.
- Select Open.
- A pop up window will appear “Install Management App” is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it? > click Open.
- Enter your User Name and Password
- If you have logged into your Mac using Griffith Single Sign-On > enter your Griffith User Name (sNumber) and Password > click OK.
- If you have logged into your Mac using other credentials (i.e. Admin or a locally created account) enter the appropriate User Name and Password > click OK.
- A pop up window will display > click OK - installation of the Parallels Mac Management App will commence. This should take no longer than 30 seconds.
- When the installation is complete a pop up window will display > click OK. The Griffith Parallels Mac Management app has now been installed.
- Close the InstallManagementApp window.
- To remove InstallManagementApp icon from your desktop > hold the Ctrl button on your keyboard and click on the InstallManagementApp icon.
- Select Eject “InstallManagementApp”.