The University is committed to inclusion and equal opportunity. Our mission statement declares that we will promote respect for individual rights and ethical standards, commit to participatory decision making and problem solving, contribute to a robust, equitable society and recognise and value diversity.
A key priority of the Griffith University Equity and Diversity Plan 2014-2017 is to improve both the proportion of female staff in senior roles at the University and to improve gender balance in academic and general staff roles at all levels.
Griffith's commitment to Equal Employment and Gender Equality can be seen through a number of activities including:
- Women @ Griffith
- the provision of entitlements such as parental leave and flexible work arrangements to male and female staff, and
- support for the Gender Pay Equality campaign "In Your Hands"
Finding work/life balance - tools and information
- Flexible Work Options for male and female staff, as set out in our enterprise agreements.
- Managing equality in the team environment - resource for supervisors and managers
- Parental Leave provisions for male and female staff
- Academic Equity Development Program
- Children in the Workplace
- Parent/Breastfeeding Rooms
- Watch Your Language - Guidelines for Non-Discriminatory Language (this guide is referenced from University of Melbourne website)
- Women in STEM and Entrepreneurship (WiSE) programme
Workplace Gender Equality Agency
Annual compliance reporting
Under the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012, the University is required to report to the Agency (previously EOWA) on an annual basis. Current and recent years reports can be found below:
- 2017 Public report to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA)
- 2016 Public report to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA)
- 2015 Public report to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA)
- 2014 Public report to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA)
- 2013 Public report to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA)
Employer of Choice for Gender Equality submissions
The University is proud of it's achievement of being an Employer of Choice for Women and now Gender Equality since 2001. You can now view the University's latest submission for the citation.