- Parking - Designated parking bays for people with a disability are available close to the Conservatorium.
- Wheelchair access - Wheelchair access to the library is via the entrance on the ground floor.
- Toilets - A wheelchair accessible unisex toilet is located in the corridor outside the library.
- Photocopiers - A photocopier suitable for wheelchair access has been provided.
- Study carrels - Wheelchair accessible carrels are available.
- Use of the Library and its services
- Research assistance in locating and accessing library material
- Orientation to the Assistive Technology Labs
- Lending Services - *Retrieval of material from the shelves
*24 hours notice is required for these services.
Facilities for photocopying, printing and scan to email are provided, using a Student Account System as a means of payment. See http://www.griffith.edu.au/printing-services/student-printing for more information.
Assistive Technology Lab
Located in Room 1.10 of the Conservatorium, this lab is equipped with:
- Computer workstation (PC)
- Software, including
- Jaws (screen reader)
- Read and Write Gold (assistance with reading and writing)
- ZoomText Xtra (screen magnification)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice recognition)
- Laser printer
- Assistive software training and user manuals are available in a variety of formats
Lab is booked on-line.
Specialised (Jabber) software in conjunction with the PC's camera allow for video phone communication for Hearing Impaired students.