- Parking - The closest designated parking bays for people with a disability are located in the car park under the Web Building in Sidon Street. There is a door leading from the car park to the College buildings.
- Wheelchair access - Wheelchair access to the library is via the main entrance.
- Toilets - A unisex wheelchair accessible toilet is located outside the library to the left as you exit.
- Computer access - Wheelchair access to a workstation for library catalogue and database access is available.
- Study carrels - Study benches are height adjustable for wheelchair access.
- Use of the Library and its services
- Research assistance in locating and accessing library material
- Orientation to the Assistive Technology Labs
- Lending Services - *Retrieval of material from the shelves
*24 hours notice is required for these services.
Facilities for photocopying, printing and scan to email are provided, using a Student Account System as a means of payment. See http://www.griffith.edu.au/printing-services/student-printing for more information.
Assistive Technology Lab
Located in Room S03 2.25G, this lab is equipped with:
- Computer workstation (PC)
- Computer workstation (iMac)
- Software, including
- Read&Write (assistance with reading and writing difficulties)
- JAWS (screen reading)
- ZoomText (screen enlargement)
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking (voice recognition)
- Laser printer
Assistive software training and user manuals are available in a variety of formats.
Lab is booked on-line and key collection is available at Library Services.
Specialised (Jabber) software in conjunction with the PC's camera allow for video phone communication for Hearing Impaired students.