- Parking- The closest designated parking bays for people with a disability are located in the car park at the southern end of the building, behind Central Theatres.
- Wheelchair access- Wheelchair access is via the main entrance on Level 1. A lift provides access to the three levels of the library. A key may be necessary for lift access to the Level 0 where computer training rooms are located - check with Library Services.
- Toilets- A wheelchair accessible unisex toilet is located on Level 1 next to the lift. Wheelchair accessible toilets are also located on Level 2 of the Library in the passage to the right as you exit from the lift.
- Computer access - Wheelchair access to workstations for library catalogue and database access are available on Level 1.
- Photocopiers- A photocopier suitable for wheelchair access has been provided.
- Study carrels - Most carrels are wheelchair accessible but several have been modified for improved access.
- Use of the Library and its services
- Research assistance in locating and accessing library material
- Orientation to the Assistive Technology Labs
- Lending Services - *Retrieval of material from the shelves
*24 hours notice is required for these services.
- Facilities for photocopying, printing and scan to email are provided, using a Student Account System as a means of payment. See http://www.griffith.edu.au/printing-services/student-printing for more information.
Assistive Technology Labs
Two labs are available in the Library (N53 1.05D & 1.05E).
Both labs contain:
- Computer workstation (PC)
- Software, including
- Jaws (screen reading)
- Read and Write Gold (assistance with reading and writing)
- ZoomText Xtra (screen enlargement)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice recognition)
- Laser printer
Assistive software training and user manuals are available in a variety of formats.
Lab 1 (1.05D) also contains:
- Computer Workstation (iMac)
Lab 2 (1.05E) also contains:
- myReader (for document magnification)
- Zoom-Twix for reading and scanning
- Multiview Electronic Video Magnifier
Labs are booked online and are accessed via swipe card.
Video Phone (via PC)
Specialised (Jabber) software in conjunction with the PC's camera allow for video phone communication for Hearing Impaired students.