- Parking - Designated parking bays for people with a disability are available near the Information Services Centre (Library). Follow Circular Drive to the Visitor's Circle.
- Wheelchair access - A lift provides access to the three levels of the library. All book stacks have aisles wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Toilets - Wheelchair accessible toilets are located on Levels 1 and 2 of the Library. A unisex toilet is available on Level 2.
- Computer access - Wheelchair access to a workstation for library catalogue and database access is available on Level 1.
- Photocopiers - A photocopier suitable for wheelchair access has been provided.
- Study carrels - Most carrels are wheelchair accessible. Height adjustable wind-up tables are also located on Level 2 of the Library.
- Use of the Library and its services
- Research assistance in locating and accessing library material
- Orientation to the Assistive Technology Labs
- Lending Services - *Retrieval of material from the shelves
*24 hours notice is required for these services.
Facilities for photocopying, printing and scan to email are provided, using a Student Account System as a means of payment. See http://www.griffith.edu.au/printing-services/student-printing for more information.
Assistive Technology Labs
Located in labs M13 2.11A in the Library and M09 1.102 just outside the Library, these labs are equipped with:
- PC workstation and/or Mac workstation
- Assistive software, including:
- JAWS (screen reading)
- ZoomText (screen enlargement)
- Read&Write (assistance with reading and writing difficulties)
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking (voice recognition)
- Laser printer
- myReader or similar (document magnification)
- Assistive software training and user manuals in a variety of formats
Labs are booked on-line and are accessed via swipe card.
Specialised (Jabber) software in conjunction with the PC's camera allow for video phone communication for Hearing Impaired students.