- Parking- Designated parking bays for people with a disability are provided in the campus car parks.
- Wheelchair access - The building is wheelchair accessible via the main entrance on Level 2 and a lift provides access to both levels of the library. All book stacks have aisles wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Toilets - Unisex wheelchair accessible toilets are located on both levels of the Library.
- Computer access - Wheelchair access to a workstation for library catalogue and database access is available.
- Photocopiers - A photocopier suitable for wheelchair access has been provided.
- Study carrels - Most carrels and tables are wheelchair accessible.
- Use of the Library and its services
- Research assistance in location and accessing library material
- Orientation to the Assistive Technology Labs
- Lending Services - *Retrieval of material from the shelves
*24 hours notice is required for these services
Facilities for photocopying, printing and scan to email are provided, using a Student Account System as a means of payment. See http://www.griffith.edu.au/printing-services/student-printing for more information.
Assistive Technology Lab
Located in Room L03 2.32A in the Library, this lab is equipped with:
- PC workstation and Mac workstation
- Assistive software, including:
- JAWS (screen reading)
- ZoomText (screen enlargement)
- Read&Write (assistance with reading and writing difficulties)
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking (voice recognition)
- Laser printer
- Braille embosser
- myReader or similar (for document magnification)
Assistive software training and user manuals are available in a variety of formats
Labs are booked online.
Video Phone (via PC)
Specialised (Jabber) software in conjunction with the PC's camera allow for video communication for Hearing Impaired students.