- Parking - Designated parking bays for people with a disability are available close to the Information Services Centre (Library).
- Wheelchair access - The building is wheelchair accessible and a lift provides access to both levels of the library.
- Toilets - Unisex wheelchair accessible toilets are located on both levels of the Library. Shower and bidet facilities are available in the unisex facility on Level 2.
- Computer access - Wheelchair accessible workstations (for library catalogue and database access) are available on Level 2.
- Photocopiers - A photocopier suitable for wheelchair access has been provided.
- Use of the Library and its services
- Research assistance in locating and accessing library material
- Orientation to the Assistive Technology Labs
- Lending Services - *Retrieval of material from the shelves
*24 hour notice is required for these services.
Facilities for photocopying, printing and scan to email are provided, using a Student Account System as a means of payment. See http://www.griffith.edu.au/printing-services/student-printing for more information.
Assistive Technology Labs
Located in labs 2.12 and 2.13 in the Library, these labs are equipped with:
- PC workstation and/or Mac workstation
- Assistive software, including:
- JAWS (screen reading)
- ZoomText Xtra (screen enlargement)
- Read and Write Gold (assistance with reading and writing difficulties)
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking (voice recognition)
- Laser Printer
- Braille embosser
- myReader or similar (for document magnification)
- Magnifying lamps
- Assistive software training and user manuals are available in a variety of formats
Labs are booked online and are accessed via swipe card.
Video Phone (via PC)
Specialised (Jabber) software in conjunction with the PC's camera allow for video phone communication for Hearing Impaired students.