If you haven't already done so, make an appointment to see a Disabilities Service Officer on your campus. This staff member will assess your needs and if required you will be authorised to use the Assistive Technology Labs.
The Disabilities Service Officer will show you the lab and the facilities you will have access to within the lab. They will also discuss with you the range of services that you are eligible to use.
The service points from which assistance is available may vary slightly from campus to campus, but in general the following services are available:
- Library orientation tours
- Training/assistance in use of Copying Services equipment
- Retrieval of material from the shelves
- Photocopying of library material
- Assistance with or training in the use of the library catalogue, databases and other electronic resources
- Assignment advice
- Orientation to and basic assistance with assistive technology
Note: 24 hours notice is needed for retrieval or photocopying. Appointments are necessary for lengthy assistance or training and assignment advice.