Computer workstation with:
- JAWS (screen enlargement software)
- ZoomText (screen reading software)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice recognition software)
- Read & Write Gold (for Microsoft Word users with reading and writing difficulties)
- Braille embosser
- Closed Circuit TV (for document magnification)
- myReader (for document magnification)
- Laser printer
User and training manuals for assistive software - large print, audio, braille and web versions may be available.
The facilities provided in Assistive Technology Labs are designed to assist people with very specific requirements. To maximise availability to those who need it, access to the room is restricted to authorised users.
If you feel that you would benefit from these facilities, contact the Disabilities Service Officer on your campus so that your requirements can be assessed. If you are eligible to use the Lab/s, you will be added to the list of authorised students and given access to the lab.